Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Vacation

I love love love spending time with family and friends so these past couple of weeks have been great. The end of the semester left me with two whole weeks with only work, cleaning, and the new semester to worry about— I seriously felt like I had so much time on my hands without school and homework! Here are some of the highlights from the past couple weeks:

Christmas with just Robert and I: for the first time, in the four Christmases Robert and I have shared together, it was just us— we watched movies, ate food and went to visit his great grandparents and some other relatives. We also started some new Christmas tradition which made it even more special. I feel really spoiled this year with my ipod touch from Robert- but now I don’t have to go teach dance with my big cd case and cd player, I’m much more modern and hip now.

On Monday my Mom, Dad, Ryan, and Eden came up to visit. We love having my family up and are excited to have Ryan and Eden move here! Robert got to hang out with us Monday and Tuesday but then we left him for Logan to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Shipp. He is going to Colorado to visit friends and see the Broncos games as part of his Christmas!

We have spent a lot of time just visiting with my Grandma and Grandpa Shipp. I particularly enjoyed last night. My Mom did both my grandparents nails and then Eden and I gave my Grandma a foot massage while my mom gave one to Grandpa (the first he’s ever had according to him!). We massaged and talked for at least an hour. My Grandma told us about how she was born at home with the help of her Grandmother. The home was built into the mountain and at night they could hear mountain lions jump on the roof! I can’t even imagine!

Tonight we are enjoying each other’s company, eating, and enjoying being warm and inside and the snow continues to pile up outside. There is something very special and comforting about coming to grandma and grandpa’s home. I can always count on it to look the same, smell the same, and to enjoy the same things-like my Grandmother’s super soft hands, my Grandpa’s quick witted comments, and even Fredrico’s pizza.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

come to AZ. I miss your stinkin guts.