Monday, January 17, 2011

new year.

With a bright new year also comes bright new ideas for big new life changing goals. For me, I feel that the best way to work on improving myself is to focus on setting small and frequent goals. I am very into writing to-do lists and so this method is perfect for me. Just setting small goals that I could put on a to-do list makes me feel like I can really complete the things I want to. Also, this way I don't feel like I have these huge things I have to fix and I can really enjoy life right now more. While reading the Ensign magazine this month I came across this quote that I feel fits right in with this small and frequent idea as well as my spiritual goals I have set:
Consistency is the Key
"Each family prayer, each episode of family scripture study, and each family home evening is a brushstroke on the canvas of our souls. No one event may appear to be very impressive or memorable. But just as the yellow and gold and brown strokes of paint complement each other and produce an impressive masterpiece, so our consistency in doing seemingly small things can lead to significant spiritual results. 'Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great' (D&C 64:33). Consistency is a key principle as we lay the foundation of a great work in our individual lives and as we become more diligent and concerned in our own homes."
-Elder David A. Bednar,"More Diligent and Concerned at Home," Liahona and Ensign, Nov. 2009, 19-20.

No comments: