Saturday, June 18, 2011

Graduation






Now that it's truly official I can write that I am GRADUATED! I'm so happy this day has come, some times it seemed to be impossibly far off, but now the day has come and past and I couldn't be more happy. My family and Robert's parents all came up to watch my graduation in April. It was so fun to have them here. We had a little get together with family and friends after the 8am ceremony-I loved the little get together, the walking is great and all, but the hanging out with family and friends is where it's at for me. I officially graduated with my Bachelors of Science Degree in Recreation Management and Youth Leadership with minors in Nonprofit Management and Contemporary Dance. I finished up my last class (my least favorite of any class I've taken at BYU....so glad it's over) two weeks ago and love the feeling of not having homework or exams looming over me. To top things off I got a full time position with 4-H as the Mentoring Program Director. It is surreal to get the job I wanted right at the perfect time. It's been a lot to learn, but I love going to work everyday-I feel like I am doing something worthwhile and it's not like work. I got a paper with a quote on it in one of my classes a long time ago and I've kept it on my desk ever since, it's something that I'm always working towards:
"A Master at the Art of Living makes no distinction between his work and his play, His labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues with excellence what he is about and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. He, himself, always knows he is doing both."
Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone
July 1995

No comments: