Friday, July 29, 2011

Weekly Lunch Review

Lunch this week with the girls was at El Mexsal, a little restaurant with Mexican and El Salvadorian influences. It's a small place off of Freedom and about 300 South in Provo, if you aren't looking you'd drive right past it.

I really liked this place, it was cheap and delicious-my perfect combination. We all got pupusas because that's what one of my friends goes there for-I got a queso one and a loroco (some sort of vegetable) one. They are only $1.80 each and they are kind of like a corn-meal soft taco thing filled with cheese, then you put this pickled cabbage and salsa on them. I got two this time but next time I'll just get one because I filled up on chips and salsa too (which means your whole lunch is like $3-if you get a drink like I do).
The verdict-they were so good! I can't wait to go back to this place, my favorite part-home made chips and salsa that are free and refillable!! It does take a few minutes(10-15) to get your food, but that didn't matter to me because I knew they were making everything right then...and I had plenty of chips and salsa to munch on.
Mmmmm-my all time favorite food-chips and salsa.